Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Everybody's got a song to sing(:

So, I have come to the conclusion that I am thoroughly obsessed with... lyrics? Yes. Lyrics. I really don't mind who is singing (unless it some disgusting sounding British guy... *cough*...NEWSBOYS!) I just love listening to the lyrics of songs and relating them to my life in the past, present, and/or future. Like, at the moment I am learning a song called "Tied Together With A Smile" by Taylor Swift.

{Chorus}
Hold on, baby, you're losing it
The water's high, you're jumping into it
And letting go... and no one knows
That you cry, but you don't tell anyone
That you might not be the golden one
And you're tied together with a smile
But you're coming undone

A very well written song and one I can definitely relate to. But then the second verse,

I guess it's true that love was all you wanted
Cause you're giving it away like it's extra change
Hoping it will end up in his pocket
But he leaves you out like a penny in the rain
Oh, cause it's not his price to pay
Not his price to pay...

It makes me think of one of my friends... Looking for acceptance and love through guys that toss her around like a football.
And sometimes I can find that one song that tugs at my heart so much because I know if I could have thought of it, I would have written the same exact thing. You can find a very detailed story in any song if you just listen... I'm a listener (:

Well, just thought I would share (:

No comments: