Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Labeled - By my big sister, :)

Labeling is so not fair
product placement everywhere
Advertisements by the lot
what I should be, what I'm not

Can't escape whats thrown at me
dodging pin ups left and right
What is noticed by the candle
is so very different in the light

Imperfections, no point in listing
sometimes mercy is completely missing
Society states I have not to thrive
but I disagree since HE is on my side

A major force to be reckoned with
is my savior at the helm
Leading the way where I know not
a narrow road to HIS realm

I have not physical beauty
nor whats described as supposed reality
Because this I see... and laugh
my destiny is not destined by the mass

I have taken up the family name
Following my father's biz
I suddenly don't mind the labels
because I've been labeled as his

-Charity Handy

No comments: